Friday, January 01, 2010

Reflections!

So I tried to watch the game last night and fell asleep twice missing both Ranger goals. It wasn't much of a game and before you pop the cork on a bottle of bubbly I would remind you that the Carolina Hurricanes are the worst team in hockey and a waved off goal prevented us from going into OT and a possible loss. So the Rangers ended the year and the decade with a win. Wow!

The good news is that after the game I was fully awake and went to bed after one am after watching a Jackie Gleason Honeymooners tape. It was the New Years Eve one with Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey and their band. Gleason and crew are always good for a few laughs, just like the Rangers.

I was happy to greet the new year after the problems of 2009. Four heart attacks and finally the triple bypass. Now it's three times a week for dialysis but let's face it, it beats the alternative. Why all this reflection? Probably to put things in perspective. Life is short and we need to enjoy ourselves and we need diversions.

I've struggled with the Rangers diversion for 70 plus years. The good news is that I am also a Yankee fan for some 70 plus years so that has been a good counter balance. I've seen most of the Yankees 27 Championships. Unfortunately I've seen most of the Rangers non-championships and in most cases non-competitiveness. Earlier in the year I compared this team to the 1945 Ranger team. I offer my sincere apologies to anyone around who was affiliated with the 1945 team. At least they tried.

Happy New Year from jb and The Pundit.



Related Articles by Categories


2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Great perspective Mike. The Rangers have some great fans, and this blog is a good example.

    Best wishes to JB and yourself and thanks for all the work that goes into Ranger Pundit.

  • mike said...
     

    blow-me-down-Thanks. Its people like you that keeps us going. We appreciate your support. Have a great 2010.

New York Rangers (@NYRangers) | Twitter

NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) | Twitter

NHL on TNT (@NHL_On_TNT) | Twitter

The Hockey Writers (@TheHockeyWriter) | Twitter

Blueshirt Banter (@BlueshirtBanter) | Twitter

NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) | Twitter

Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) | Twitter

NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) | Twitter

Stephen Valiquette (@VallysView) | Twitter