Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Islanders Skate Past Rangers

I'm looking out the window and it's all white, except for my newspaper, which is sticking its red wrapper out from the white snow. Well it could stay there. I'm thinking of Yankee Stadium loaded with snow and then they say there is a chance of more snow Saturday. Wonderful. I know I am in the minority here, but a hockey game outdoors in January; this is a promotional boondoggle if there ever was one. Imagine sitting up in the nosebleeds in left center field? Do you think that everyone in the Big House in Michigan actually saw the game? But I'm in the minority here, even in my own family. Number one and number two sons, plus my grandson will be there, so it's me that's out of step. But I'll be warm with a cold beer and they will freeze with hopefully hot chocolates. I'll take my seat any time. It's cheaper, and warmer. I guess I'm getting old!

The Rangers meanwhile took leads of 2-0 and 3-1 before collapsing under the pressure of a speedy Islander team led by their top line of Taveras, Okposo and Vanek, who got a goal, 6 assists and poured 12 shots at Cam Talbot. Talbot played for an ill Lundqvist and was abandoned by his team. Even though the Rangers looked good early the Islanders completely out played them. Kreider played an unusual game. He had a goal, 2 assists, 3 shots on goal, but yet was a minus two. He was also the culprit in the too many men on the ice penalty that ignited the Islander comeback.

So tomorrow night it's the big, bad, tough St. Louis Blues. Then comes the PR stunt at Yankee Stadium. "Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio....."



Related Articles by Categories


1 comments:

  • Number 7 said...
     

    I'm with you Mike:

    http://bluelinestation.com/2014/01/07/tweaking-nhl-hockey-rules/

New York Rangers (@NYRangers) | Twitter

NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) | Twitter

NHL on TNT (@NHL_On_TNT) | Twitter

The Hockey Writers (@TheHockeyWriter) | Twitter

Blueshirt Banter (@BlueshirtBanter) | Twitter

NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) | Twitter

Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) | Twitter

NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) | Twitter

Stephen Valiquette (@VallysView) | Twitter