Friday, November 04, 2011

It's The Big One Elizabeth

Saturday's game should be a big event at the Garden. Here's why:
  1. We are playing Montreal, an original Six team.
  2. Sean Avery should be playing his first game.
  3. I will be attending my first game of the year.
It's appropriate that my first game should be against Montreal. It was either a Christmas or Christmas Eve in the 50's where I saw a 2-0 Ranger win. It was also in the 50's when I saw a stick swinging contest between Ranger Ron Murphy and Boom Boom Geoffrion. It was sometime I think during the 40's when a balloon, filled with water, just missed Doug Harvey. Of course I saw many games in the 40's where the Canadiens completely destroyed us.

So the stage is set for tomorrow's game. I promise if I meet the Stealth GM again I will be more cordial and respectful. I have a motive. I want the Stealth to fire coach disagreeable and turn the team over to Gernander, the Whale coach, or Messier, the all time saviour. I promise that if the Stealth fires coach disagreeable I will give him a pass for a whole year. I will not mock him or rip him. In fact, I will not mention him except in a positive way. But fire the coach he must.

It will be interesting to see how much ice time Sean gets. Also look for facial expressions everytime Sean has the puck. And if he gives it up or gets a penalty, then look out Elizabeth, this is the big one. But who knows? this may be another 1-1 tie with a boring shootout and completely lacking in any fire, both on and off the ice.

Last night's game won by the Rangers in a shootout was pretty much a carbon copy of all the nondescript games we have seen this year. The NHL should pray that the Rangers and Ducks don't make the finals. They will put everyone to sleep. Nonetheless, tomorrow night is the night. The Pundit will show up. Will he meet the Stealth again? Will Sean Avery get off the bench? Will Sean Avery get more than 10 minutes of ice time? For the answer to these and other earth shaking questions don't miss any exciting posts of The Ranger Pundit.

Let's Go Rangers and #AveryArmy!
-----
ICINGS:
Jeff Woywitka wears the Broadway Hat after 2-1 shootout win over Ducks

-----
Henrik Lundqvist graces the cover of the Nov. 14th issue of The Hockey News



Related Articles by Categories


5 comments:

  • jeanine1994 said...
     

    Hey Pundit, I will be at the game tomorrow as well. It is only fitting that we both will be at Sean's first game back, since we both love him so much. I will be hoping you see Sather, and if you need any help convincing him to get rid of the doe doe, ie: coach disagreeable pleae let me know how I can help. This coach can't get fired soon enough for me from the lack of offense, poor pp, lackluster games, lack of hitting, nobody ever going to the net, nobody picking up any rebounds, playing favorites with the players...how can anyone stand one more minute??? I'm in hell. See you there
    #AveryArmy Let's Go Rangers
    Jeanine

  • Jen9400 said...
     

    Hello Pundit! Ha! Ha! jeanine1994 is my sister and i am taking her to the game tomorrow to celebrate her birthday! I just tweeted at you to DM me your section. Would love to meet you!

  • jb said...
     

    Jeanine, Jen,
    Mike has been away from his computer and he had a dialysis appointment this AM. So he might not get back online today before the game. I spoke to him on the phone and he said #2 son was taking him to a luxury suite (one of the older unrenovated ones) and he didn't know exactly which one. But, it was somewhere around the blueline behind the Rangers bench.

  • Luke said...
     

    Hi Pundit,

    I hope you enjoy the game!! Hopefully MSG is rocking with the return of number 16. I'll be staying up until all hours to watch it live from across the pond.

    I'm curious to hear what you think of the renovations. I'll not be paying a visit until March.

    Cheers,

    Luke

  • Anonymous said...
     

    Hey Mike,

    I hope it's a great game for you. Sean should be effective out there, no matter how many minutes and who his linemates are.

    The Habs are a team that has always given the Rangers fits, and it gives me huge satisfaction when NYR beats them. Lets see the guys shut them down.
    I heard that they are wearing the Heritage jersey tonight.

    Go Rangers!!

New York Rangers (@NYRangers) | Twitter

NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) | Twitter

NHL on TNT (@NHL_On_TNT) | Twitter

The Hockey Writers (@TheHockeyWriter) | Twitter

Blueshirt Banter (@BlueshirtBanter) | Twitter

NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) | Twitter

Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) | Twitter

NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) | Twitter

Stephen Valiquette (@VallysView) | Twitter