If you think about it there are many similarities between our Rangers head coach, John Tortorella, and Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi. Now, of course one is worse than the other: one is a murdering tinpot tyrant, the other just a tyrannical and disagreeable coach with a god complex. But if you take a look closer, you’ll see that there’s a few eerie similarities between the two.
- Both have attempted to grow facial hair in order to prove their manliness and look more fierce
- After years ensconced in a mediocre 8th-9th place team / dictatorial third-world country that everyone knew was terrible, is finally being called to account for their bizarre actions
- Will brook
sno perfidious or scurrilous words against him / complete and utter obedience
- Only doing what is best for the team / only doing what is best for the country, as they destroy it.
- Both refuse to believe that their time on top will come to an end, declaring - Torts: “failure is not an option” / “Muammar is not a president to leave his post.”
- Both are willing to sacrifice anyone for the good of the regime
- Both hold fiery press conferences
- When finally confronted with his malfeasances, dispatches a series of rambling, disjointed communiques, each one crazier than the last