Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lundqvist Carries Rangers

Let me admit right up front that I only saw about two minutes of the Ranger game today, but I did see the infamous shootout. What I did see were some amazing saves in OT by Lundqvist , the Nylander and Jagr shootout goals and the two saves by Lundqvist to give the Rangers their fourth straight win putting them one point behind sixth place Tampa Bay. However, the Islanders won and as I am writing this Carolina, Toronto and Montreal are all winning and Tampa Bay is losing to Ottawa. The Rangers must keep winning and tomorrow's game at the Islanders will be a war as the Islanders are two points behind the Rangers and have a game in hand.

Why did I miss the game? I was at the Tarrytown complex of the Rangers as Adam Graves conducted a clinic for Jr. Rangers and my Grandson, Nicholas, was there, along with his father, Michael and myself. So there we were three generations of Savino's and we had a ball. Everyone remembers Adam Graves as the hard working wing on the Messier line, never mailing it in, steady and reliable as they go. Also, as nice as they come. Guess what? In front of about thirty five young skaters and admirers, Adam Graves is the same great guy. For one hour and fifteen minutes of drills and another half hour of Q's & A's the guy had complete control of his young skaters and adult audience. Nicholas, a product of the Rinx on Long Island, loved it.

So I missed the game. Sorry, I was doing something more important. From what I heard it wasn't much of a game but thanks to a late goal by Pock and the continuing heroics of the Prince, Henrik Lundqvist, the Rangers prevailed.

ICINGS: The Rangers were 0-5 with 8:11 of PP time and the Bruins were 0-8 in 16:42 of PP time, including 1:31 in OT. Straka returned and got 19:38 of ice time as Callahan's ice time dropped to 8:43.



Related Articles by Categories


0 comments:

New York Rangers (@NYRangers) | Twitter

NHL Network (@NHLNetwork) | Twitter

NHL on TNT (@NHL_On_TNT) | Twitter

The Hockey Writers (@TheHockeyWriter) | Twitter

Blueshirt Banter (@BlueshirtBanter) | Twitter

NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) | Twitter

Greg Wyshynski (@wyshynski) | Twitter

NHL Player Safety (@NHLPlayerSafety) | Twitter

Stephen Valiquette (@VallysView) | Twitter